Self Drive is for the independent and adventurous travellers who prefer exploring Africa at their own pace.
We offer you Self Drive Itineraries complete with detailed information on routes, directions and destinations as well as travel advice, giving you the confidence to do your own safari.
Self Drive Safaris allow you complete freedom of choice and movement, with none of the restrictions or limitations that a scheduled safari might impose.
Some of the more popular Self Drive Safaris include :
- Botswana Self Drive to destinations such as Moremi, Savute, Chobe, Okavango Delta, Central Kalahari, Makgadikgadi Pans, and Victoria Falls.
- Namibia Self Drive to destinations such as Etosha, Kaokoland, Damaraland, Swakopmund, Sossusvlei, Namib Desert, Kalahari, Fish River Canyon, Bushmanland, Kavango and Caprivi.
- South Africa Self Drive to destinations such as Kruger Park, Blyde River Canyon, Swaziland, Hluhluwe-Imfolozi Park, St.Lucia, Drakensberg, Lesotho, Wild Coast, Garden Route, Cape Town, Kalahari Route, Kgalakgadi Park and Richtersveld.
- Zimbabwe Self Drive to destinations such as Hwange Park, Victoria Falls, Lake Kariba, Mana Pools, Matobo Hills, Eastern Highlands and Great Zimbabwe.
- Zambia Self Drive to destinations such as Victoria Falls, Kafue Park, South and North Luangwa Parks and Lower Zambezi Park.
- Mozambique Self Drive to destinations such as Tofo, Vilanculos, Bazaruto, Ponta Malongane, Machangulo, Maputo, Bilene, Xai Xai, Tofo, Gorongosa Park and Limpopo Transfrontier Park.
Self Drive is possible anywhere in Southern Africa although road conditions in Botswana and parts of Namibia, Lesotho, Mozambique, Zambia and Zimbabwe require 4×4 or high clearance vehicles.
Namibia is the most popular Self Drive destination as the gravel roads are generally well-maintained, there are affordable accommodation options, a wide choice of vehicle rental options and there are diverse experiences in a particularly unique and beautiful country.
South Africa, with its good infrastructure and roads, offers you the widest selection and availability of accommodation, vehicle rental and activities, with prices being generally more affordable.
Self Drive in Botswana is only recommended for the truly adventurous travellers as road conditions are challenging in many parts of the country.
Whether you are truly adventurous and eager to tackle the rough and remote wilderness areas, curious to explore the bumpy back roads or prefer comfort and luxury, we can accommodate your needs.
We will plan your Self Drive Itinerary according to your requirements, hire your vehicles and book your accommodation and activities.